Blogs > NBA Nuggets

Breaking Pistons news and analysis of developments within the team and around the NBA.



Monday, March 2, 2009

CHAUNCEY SPEAKS

Chauncey Billups spoke to the media Monday afternoon, following Denver's practice at Oakland University. Here's a few snippets about his return to The Palace Tuesday night:
(on playing at The Palace for the first time since the trade) "I'm really not that emotional of a person but this city means a lot to me, the fans mean a lot to me. This will always be my home away from home. I miss our fans here, I miss all of that, I really do, so I'm looking forward to that."
(on how much it would mean to be greeted warmly) "It would mean a lot because all the fans know I gave everything that I had, every ounce that I always had to the city and the team and the organization. I think people appreciate that and I certainly appreciate the fans and how they treated me. They made me a star. When I came here, not a lot of people knew what I could do and who I could be and they helped me in that process."
(on Rip Hamilton coming off the bench and then returning to the starting lineup) "Rip, he's one of those guys that built the team. We built around him, we played around him. I'm just going to say I would never think he would be somebody that would come off the bench."
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home