Blogs > NBA Nuggets

Breaking Pistons news and analysis of developments within the team and around the NBA.



Tuesday, February 17, 2009

WHO'S GOING TO SCORE?

The biggest concern with the latest Pistons lineup change is bench scoring.
Richard Hamilton has settled in nicely to his sixth-man role but with Antonio McDyess moving to the starting lineup - a change Michael Curry announced after the All-Star break - there are no other natural scorers in reserve.
The other main reserves now are Amir Johnson - who lost his starting job - Jason Maxiell and Arron Afflalo. The Pistons are going to need to play more uptempo with that second unit, try to force turnovers and manufacture points. You're not going to run pick and rolls to free up Maxiell or Johnson, so Curry will have to do something to make sure defenses don't overload on Rip.
By the way, McDyess has handled the latest switch like a pro, as always, even though he'd prefer to be a key reserve at this stage of his career.
"I know we've been struggling this year and he came to me and asked me, 'Would I start?'" McDyess said of Curry. "I told him, 'Yeah, whatever it takes.' I know it's already been tough this year. I don't want to make it more complicated than it already is, so it was easy for me to tell him yes."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home