Blogs > NBA Nuggets

Breaking Pistons news and analysis of developments within the team and around the NBA.



Tuesday, May 5, 2009

BACK IN BUSINESS

Readers of this blog might have wondered where I've been the past couple of weeks. Other than trying to figure out how Mine The Bird won the Derby, I've been on the mend. I broke my right foot the morning that the Pistons were eliminated from the playoffs.
There was nothing that surprised me about Joe Dumars' press conference last week. I knew he was frustrated with the effort and attitude of some of his veterans this season. No doubt, he'd like to make some significant moves this summer and he's got the cap room to do it.
As I've stated recently, I don't see any way Rasheed Wallace comes back, even for a reduced price. His skills have diminished to the point where even having him around as a backup doesn't seem like a good idea.
I also strongly believe he'll try to move Tayshaun Prince. Seems to me Prince has gotten too complacent and needs a change of scenery.
The big thing is just what impact players he can bring in. I have to believe either Bosh or Stoudemire would have to be the centerpiece. Carlos Boozer puts up numbers, but he's not the type of guy who can carry a team. And given his injury history, I'd rather roll the dice that Bosh tells Toronto he's not coming back or that Stoudemire could thrive just as much in a more structured offense as he did in Phoenix's attack.

1 Comments:

Blogger Natalie Sitto said...

Get well Dana, maybe you can get Arnie to work some of his voodoo magic on you.

May 6, 2009 at 11:35 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home